Finished this project last night.
Foliage clumps have been added to the top board section
A close up of the woods with 20mm commandos outside (though it'll also do for 28mm)
An aerial view of the woods - I used two colours of foliage just to give the woods some natural variation.
The rest of the team lurk inside the woods
Some lessons learned/ideas for next time:
1. Use hot glue, not bostik
2. Paint the top of the foliage board section green, not brown
3. Shape the foliage clusters a bit more naturally
4. Try to hide as much of the edge of the top board section as possible
5. Paint the toilet roll inserts before glueing the twigs on
6. Try this for 6mm as well, it should work even better