26 September, 2013

Top (TV) Firefights

A return to last year's popular series - I was collating a similar series of posts for my top ten hand-to-hand fights when I realised I never did my top firefights from TV...


#5 Strike Back: Project Dawn (Episode 9)



Scott and Stonebridge are following terrorists working on some VX rockets. but they find themselves ambushed, outnumbered and outgunned and unlike the usual Hollywood shenanigans are forced to retreat.

#4 The Pacific (Peleliu Hills)



While as a whole I wasn't a fan of The Pacific, individual scenes like this were exceptionally well done. This captures the brutal and claustrophobic nature of bunker-clearing

#3 Generation Kill (A Burning Dog)



Iceman shows what's running through his veins as his platoon undertakes to pet a burning dog

#2 Justified (Bulletville)



Head to 1:57 for my favourite as Raylan Givens takes on a host of gun-thugs sent to kill him

#1 Band of Brothers (Day of Days)



To be honest, I could've picked anyone of a half a dozen firefights from this show and it'd be at #1. Famously, the Brécourt Manor Assault (June 6, 1944) during the U.S. parachute assault of the Normandy Invasion of World War II is often cited as a classic example of small-unit tactics and leadership in overcoming a larger enemy force.


To round things off, here's the best non-firefight from a TV show. Ever.

#0 Spaced (Cougar Town)

3 comments:

  1. Spaced was an awesome one - never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd highly recommend Spaced. Only 2 series of 7 episodes each, but pure geek gold throughout!

      Delete
  2. Oh, cripes, yes, how good was the Spaced firefight! The paintball scene in Spaced is excellent as well.

    ReplyDelete

More like this