16 November, 2012

Top (Film) Non-Firefights

When I was gathering my Top Ten Film Firefights I looked up quite a number of scenes which in the end didn't really count as firefights as all the gunfire was going one-way



I can't remember from first viewing if this outcome seemed inevitable, but the pure menace from ED209 is palpable


#4 Pulp Fiction (Pop Tart Surprise)

Surprised the hell out of that guy!


#3 The Fifth Element (Negotiation)

Anyone else want to negotiate?




I imagine there's some kind of Fantastic Four reference in there, but this one did catch me by surprise @2.48

#1 Road to Perdition (I'm glad it's you)


With the direction and sound, we it's hard not to be moved by this scene (though of course in context it's much more effective). Technically I guess the bodyguards are firing back, but not that anyone would notice.

In the new year I'll do a matching series from TV.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, I think I like these one-sided gun "fights" even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them Mik - public service broadcasting at its finest!

      Delete
  2. I hope you don't mind I have passed the Liebster Blog award on to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donogh, apologies for commenting out of the blue. I just wanted to let you know about a competition we're running at BenchVent.com aimed at model makers and figurine painters. In a nutshell all we're asking to enter is to send a picture of your workspace to be in with a chance of winning a desktop paint and fume extraction unit. The competition is open to those across the globe as we can manufacture the winners unit to specific power requirements.

    Please see http://www.benchvent.com/blog/show-us-your-workspace-and-win-an-exagon-r/ for full details. Hope you can enter - Thanks, Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourites is also technically not really a gunfight, though for different reasons to these one-sided affairs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2tLKjeOstg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely my favourite too, though it's been earmarked as #1 in the TV posts!

      Delete
  5. For overkill dressed as a gunfight you cannot beat the final scene from the original 'bonny & clyde'.

    Darren.x

    ReplyDelete

More like this