14 March, 2011

Lead Painters' League Kicks Off

Season 5 of the Lead Painters League has just kicked off over on the Lead Adventure Forum


If you're not familiar with it get yourself over there to see some amazing eye candy (as well as people getting rid of their lead mountains at a tremendous rate!)

Here's how it works
In summary, paint up a team of miniatures, you're randomly paired off with another contestant, everyone votes for their favourite in the pairing and then onto the next round. There are ten rounds after which a league table of sorts has been established. There are bonus points for matching themes in three of the rounds. This will help explain the surfeit of civilians in round 1.

I did intend to enter (I even sketched out what I was going to do over the 10 rounds) but couldn't quite get my ducks in a row.

I'd urge you to join up, take a good look and vote.

I won't mention any of my favourites, but I will draw attention to a few of the match-ups I think are particularly close in quality

Hapless Hostage vs European Traders


King in Yellow vs Civilians


Nefarious Docks vs Delancy Street


Good luck to all involved!

1 comment:

  1. Always liked this competition, love voting as there is so much quality work to be viewed.

    ReplyDelete

More like this