25 January, 2012

My Favourite Figures: #10, #9, #8

Over on Santa Cruz Warhammer, they've started taking submissions from readers about their favourite model. I sent in my choice and that got me to thinking about doing a top ten.


Last year they did a great series of posts on their Top Ten figures, all 40K/Warhammer, but nonetheless well worth a look

I'm not going to drag this out into ten posts (I just know that the tension would kill you! Notwithstanding the fact that you know what my #1 is). I'm also going to confine myself to miniatures which I actually have - makes the whole process simpler I think (and less likely to attack my budget!).

I'm not necessarily saying that these are the best miniatures in my collection, but just my favourites.

#10
Daimyo

I really like this piece in 6mm by Irregular. It shows a seated Daimyo with two hatamoto. I cannot help but think of Kagemusha when I see it. Honestly, if I was to start doing 6mm Samurai again, I would probably go with Baccus (and their seated Daimyo is just amazing) - but still this gets into the top ten.

Oda Clan

#9
Gung Ho

The 28mm US Marines from Pulp Figures have oodles of character, but this guy has extra moxie. The hard-bitten sergeant holds his pump-action shotgun easy, and is smoking a pipe! What's not to like?

Baxter leads the patrol out

#8
Eyes On

This reconnaisance pair in 20mm from Liberation/RH Models are so nice. A lot of lines have figures in non-combat poses, but these guys are obviously on a mission (probably to drop something nasty on someone's head). I just need to find that mission on the tabletop...

Observation Team

How about you?

2 comments:

  1. They're all terrific, Donogh. Very good to see 6mm getting a look in for your list. Looking forward to seeing the next entries ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sidney, I think you'll be seeing more 6mm stuff in the rest of the list.

    ReplyDelete

More like this